More Kat?

It has taken me some time to figure out how I wanted to go at this post. As many of you know, I have gone pretty quiet online. I often struggle to come up with anything interesting to say, even on Twitter, where often, you can say whatever you want and it is fine. And even when I do have news to share, sometimes it isn’t good and I don’t know how to say it.

This is one of those times.

As it stands now, Kensington is not going to continue with the Kat series. I don’t hold it against them. In fact, I sort of expected it to happen sooner. I’m thankful I was able to get five books out, but am disappointed I was not able to finish the series with them. I don’t blame anyone for this decision either. I’m happy many of you got to share the world with me. I’m thrilled a lot of you enjoyed reading about her. And while book five does end in a way that could be considered a satisfactory ending for some, there are still so many unanswered questions.

So, what now?

While I’ve stated before that I will finish the series, no matter what, it isn’t going to happen right away. Does it suck? Yeah, of course it does. But I also have to move forward. There are other books I need to write. I need to move my career forward, hopefully learning from the mistakes I made with Kat, and providing you, the reader, with new worlds to explore and enjoy. I can’t do that if I dwell on what went before.

But what about someday, in the future? I’m not going to rule it out. In fact, I’ve actually written a portion of a sixth and final book. I imagine it will get done someday, but it won’t happen until I’m comfortable with where I stand. I absolutely hate disappointing those who have faithfully followed Kat from the beginning. It disappoints me. But decisions needed to be made, and as much as I hate to say it, I have to let her go.

For now.

Until then, I will be working on new novels, looking to find a book you all can love. I’ll also be looking into moving this site, so be watchful of that. And I do hope to have more, better, news for you sometime soon.

Thank you all for standing by me, for reading Kat and emailing me. I hope that this will be the last time I have bad news for you. I want us all to move on together.

Eric

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to More Kat?

1. Amanda says:

I enjoyed reading Kat and will miss new adventures with her, but I’m looking forward to new stories as well 🙂

2. tiffany says:

I was hopeing for more Kat. I really liked hes sassyness and she not so alone anymore. I’m gonna miss her till then. Thank you for the awesome series.

3. rene says:

I just found your books and bought them all because they were on sale. I love kat and her stories. She’s always gets herself in so much trouble. It’s fun. I wish that there was more romance, but they are fun reads. Can you do some more and self publish them? Your a great writer and I’ve added you to my must reads list.

• E.S. Moore says:

I’m glad you enjoyed the books and I do hope to someday do some more with Kat. When? I don’t know. I’ve considered finishing off the series and self publishing them, but right now, that isn’t the way I want to go. Maybe once I see what happens with these other projects, I can take another look into it. I do have some old Kat short stories that I’ve considered fixing up and putting out there, but we’ll see how that goes. I don’t want to end up disappointing with poorly done stories either.

Thank you for the compliment and keep reading! Here’s to hoping I have good news to share this coming year!

Eric

4. Sandy Williams says:

I just finished #5 of your Kat. I loved it, you really flesh out the characters histories so we both know & therefore love them. We can’t help it. I have to ask for a #6 when you can get it written as well as the other 5. Thank you I will be watching for your other books.

5. Kimberly says:

Hi I just read all the Kat series Im a binge reader Lol Loved them! I really love the edge they have to them without all the mushy stuff on every page. I love romance as much as the next girl but sometimes the tension is better. I really hope there will be more in the future.

6. Blue says: